Legality of buying subject to planning

Silenagig

My partner and I have agreed a purchase of a site subject to planning and paid 4% deposit to estate agent. We have engaged a local architect and are fairly confident of getting planning on the site.
My question is, can the vendor pull out of the sale at any point? We got a good deal on the site and agreed a price substantially less than a previous sale agreed that fell through. We have not yet signed any contracts. PP stays with the site, not the applicant. If we proceed and get planning can the vendor pull out at that stage with a now much more valuable site?

Hi,
I would suggest you need your solicitor involved, and ensure signed contracts are exchanged, subject to planning (within a specified timeframe).
If you don't have a signed contract the vendor can legally pull out. Of course it's bad form, but it's not unheard of.

Hi,
I would suggest you need your solicitor involved, and ensure signed contracts are exchanged, subject to planning (within a specified timeframe).
If you don't have a signed contract the vendor can legally pull out. Of course it's bad form, but it's not unheard of.
thanks - that's what I was wondering, whether we should have contracts at this stage or whether it happens once planning has been obtained. Will chase solicitors about whats happening!

Back