Legal fees for Administration of Estate

bertson

Hi All;
How much would you expect to pay in legal fees for the Administration of an Estate. The estate would be around 600k (estimate)

Thx
B

Impossible question to answer or even guess at without more detailed and precise information.

Try searching other threads on this and related topics (about 300 of them).

My apologies, I thought this was straigtforward:)

If an Estate is valued at 600k, how much would a solictor charge in professional/legal fees to administor the estate?

What is the norm, is it a % of the estate value etc?

Thx a lot
B

Estates are sometimes charged on a percentage but the more usual is a minimum instruction fee with the rest of the fee depending on the complexity of the estate. The complexity or otherwise would be clear from the first consultation with the executor at which time the solicitor should be able to give a fairly clear indication. The fee can also vary depending on the abilities of the executor and their willingness to collect information themselves. Its like everything, some people want full service and are prepared to pay for it, others are happy to roll up their sleeves to save money.

Thanks Ramble
I have a quote for 12k (original 16k but discounted it by 4k)

The estate is straight forward enough, farm of land left to a number of siblings.

12 seems high to me, but as you say, can be hard to calculate

Back