Legal apprenticeship: any tips on trying to find a trainee solicitor job

I haven't got any email from MHC saying that. When did they send them?

Filling out the ODSE form now as I finally have some time... anyone have any idea of what to put down for 'project work'??

Left it blank. i'm not telling them how i finished essays for my finals while drunk!
Isn't it strange how some of us have been contacted by MHC and others haven't. What are they playing at?

I did seminars and presentations and a horrible group project in my LLM but they don't ask for project work under the postgrad section. i doubt if essays count as a project work in themselves.

Thanks for the advice, I think I best leave it blank! The form I'm filling out isn't working out well as the interests and hobbies is turning out blank even though there is info entered!

Make up some hobbies. i have only have time for two now with work, studying and worrying about apprenticeships. maybe you could use the last one there??

if you are making one up, make sure it's not too outlandish and that you know something about it.

I've got it sorted now, what I meant was the edit boxes were taking the info I had entered but the form was blank for some reason after putting in the text - I saved another version and it worked the second time around!

Got the email for MHC at around 10 this morning, had got a letter about 2 weeks ago saying they were reviewing applications though. They said it was due to the success of last years summer programme and that is how they would be running it now but we all know its probably down to this damn economic climate!!

hmm i did get their acknowledgement letter but nothing on the email front. you're probably right though - it's a total front for looking like they are still doing well. why can't these people just tell it like it is instead of fobbing us off!

as regards Hayes solicitors did anyone get any feedback from them. i only got a letter and email sayin they be reviewing applications in nov,did anyone hear anything else from them? also did anyone hear anything from daly jermyn solicitors in cork?

I didn't get an e-mail from MHC:0 I'm soo confused as I also got that letter from them earlier back re looking at the application forms in December. This is soo depressin!!! I didn't get an apprenticeship last year and i'm desperate for 1!!!!! WHat to do????!!!!!

The whole MHC thing is very strange. I didn't get an email either. One thing that's crossed my mind is that the email is another way of saying PFO and people who didn't get an email will be called for interview. But that's probably completely wrong. Maybe we'll all get an email tomorrow.

To Irish Law Girl, there is no actual application form for MHC, you email a CV and covering letter. There's no deadline on applying so you could still send one in now. Although, it seems it may be in vain!

I'm currently looking at qualifying in the UK which is looking like a huge possibility.

seansc1 also recieved an email a few weeks ago from Hayes saying that they'd revert to applicants in november. A friend of mine recieved a pfo from them the other day but I havn't heard anything back from them. maybe they havn't emailed all the applicants yet..was begining to think i'd just fallen off their list.
Has anyone heard back from Dillon Eustace?

You are going to make an excellent solicitor. I'd hire you!

You are going to make an excellent solicitor. I'd hire you!

thank you(though dont really know what you base that on). i appreciate the encouragement....kind of need whilst looking for an apprenticeship!!

I think a lot of the trainees should check out the unemployed Solicitors thread on the legal discussion of boards.ie. The profession is going down the toilet and I would strongly suggest that a lot of you seek another form of career.

I will be graduating in January so I know what I am talking about. There will be about 1,000 unemployed Solicitors in January at my estimation and that ain't going to change soon.

I wouldnt say that is the case as some of my friends actually got pfos whereas this email states that they are not running any trainee interviews this year and are encouraging people to apply for their summer intern programme instead. But who knows in these unpredicatble times! Did everyone put their email address on their CV they sent to MHC......im presuming yes!! Dillon Eustace have sent nothing out yet. Was wondering did everyone get a confirmation email from A&L after they finished their online application form??