Left window open seat and carpet soaked

westside

Hi all,

My wife just called me to mention that I left the passenger window open about 1/4 last night and the passenger seat and carpet are very wet.

What is the best coarse of action? Should I just try to keep the windows open while it is dry or try some other mean (e.g. hair dryer etc) to dry them off.

Thanks a lot.

If you have time call into a valet and get them to use their cleaner on the seat. It should suck most of the water out. The carpet should try out fine but the seats can end up with a water stain, especially if the car is not new and dust and dirt have worked their way into the foam.

I have had this before. Newspaper of black pastic bag if somebody plans on sitting there otherwise they should sit in the back. Leave time dry it out, leave car running with heating on(if you can safely) and let nature take its course.

Bring it to the Valet only if you must. Its €50 to clean seats for me. I have mine booked in Limerick this weekend. Hand me down company car with loads of stains in back.

If you have time call into a valet and get them to use their cleaner on the seat. It should suck most of the water out.

Overkill imho - I find that 2 or 3 hot water bottles on the seat works wonders as does....
Newspaper of black plastic bag if somebody plans on sitting there otherwise they should sit in the back. Leave time dry it out,

leave car running with heating on(if you can safely)

a quite dangerous option, imho.

yep so I added (if you can safely). I can living in a rural area but Im not naive enough to think everybody can hence (if you can safely)

yep so I added (if you can safely). I can living in a rural area but Im not naive enough to think everybody can hence (if you can safely)

I don't mean dangerous in terms of the risk that someone will steal you car, I mean it more in terms of the car overheating and catching fire.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I have an RAC wet and dry vacum - will try to suck up the moisture with that and then use the hotwater bottles.