Leeds 1 Spurs 3

Deiseblue

Thought Spurs looked a class apart tonight against what appeared to be a very tired Leeds who have apparently already played 40 games this season.
Spurs for the cup and hopefully Leeds for promotion.

Agreed, Deise. We were well beaten. No complaints. Leeds need to get out of the division they're in and it'd be nice to see Spurs win the Cup again. Defoe looks hot at the moment!

Have to say that I think that Spurs did a good day's work in getting rid of Robbie Keane. Nice guy but a woeful finisher. The Ole Ole Ole Brigade will be after me for saying that but, I'm a little older than him now and I reckon I'd still score as many goals as he does from all the chances he gets.

Anyone else think Leeds might start to slip up now as the season continues?

They will be on a downer after their Cup run, and they did look very tired. It might all catch up with them.

I'm concerned about that also. The next month will tell a lot. They really need to finish in the top 2. Their playoff record isn't good. :(

watched the match last night (leeds fan here) and though that the difference in football divisions was obvious especially in the second half. i am worried about the amount of games leeds have played alreay this season, another 15 to go in the league alone. then their is another semi final next week. i thought spurs were much better in the second half, we were pinned back with our midfield operating from our 18 yard line and defenders on top of our keeper (our best player last night again). then when we got the all we hoofed it up field to beckford who could do nothing and then the pressure is brought back on us (does this remind anyone of a team in particular???). i am glad we are out of the cup, a cup run is always good for team morale and for the fans to dream, but the real job is to get out of league one, preferably by winning it. i dont think we will slip up now in it, we had our first win in the league last weekend in a while and i think we will kick on from there. i think spurs have an excellent chance of going all the way to the final and winning it. harry seems to have a real affection for the FA cup, just look at portsmouth.

Lads I hear yer concerns but I think Larry is a great manager and will steer them to promotion. McSheffrey is a brilliant signing and I think he'll play a major role in our promotion push. He has competition in pretty much every area except for up front where we really rely on Beckford but I think McSheffrey will help out here. I think the money from the cup run helped bring him in but I'm glad we're out of it now to focus on promotion from here on.

Think we've had our bad patch over the past few weeks, we'll pick ourselves up and run in to the championship from here!!

*crosses fingers, toes and asks black cat to march up and down!*

MOT!

Back