Leaving Ireland forever

andreahmed

I'm leaving ireland in next few days. My annual salary was 76000Euro gross. I would like to know how do I submit tax refund for this current year and for last year.
Would I get tax back for last year ?
Also I can't issue a statement of liability for this year, how can I ask revenu to do it so that I can get tax back.
How much I'm expected to get ?

I'm leaving ireland in next few days. My annual salary was 76000Euro gross. I would like to know how do I submit tax refund for this current year and for last year.
Would I get tax back for last year ?
Also I can't issue a statement of liability for this year, how can I ask revenu to do it so that I can get tax back.
How much I'm expected to get ?
why would you get tax back for last year?

easiest thing to do is just call revenue, https://www.revenue.ie/en/contact-us/customer-service-contact/paye-jobs-and-pensions-helpline.aspx

You can do a 2023 tax return if you think that you have unclaimed tax reliefs, e.g. medical expenses, etc.

From family experience, By registering your details on that site doesn't mean you can do all things tax. it allows you to get into the revenue site but in reality you have to create a full revenue profile to use the self-service available

As there is still 5 months to go in the current year (2024), revenue have no way of knowing you're finished until the end of the year. To mitigate this you need to fill in a form 50 which is on the revenue site here. This assumes that you were a PAYE only worker. If you were filing a form 11 then you would need to file 2023 now and wait till after January 2025 for the current year.

Back