leaving cert center?

minkydog

Hi I live outside Galway near Tuam. I know many of you will think I am mad but i would like to sit the leaving cert hons maths paper either next year of the following year. I did pass years ago and was always sorry i did not go for the hons, Anyhow I need to see if anywhere near me is running a evening or morning class to cater for people like me - kids in school in the mornings from sept. I have e mailed a few places and got no reply so I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions or if anyone has done this in the past I would love to hear all about it
thanks

I think that's a really great idea, you're not mad at all

A friend of mine recently went back to study honours Irish, as far as I know she didnt do any course but went to the Gaeltacht for a couple if weeks and did the study herself

Could you talk to local schools and ask if they know of anything? I know the VEC run adult education but thus may be basic numeracy rather than honours maths, still could be worth giving them a call

As a mature person, you'll be a lot faster and more focused and you might find you do better on a 1:1 basis.

I'd suggest contacting a few teachers who are offering Hon. Maths. grinds and explain what you'd like to do; I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find someone to help.

Also consider looking at Open University or your nearest Institute of Technology - they may well have foundation level courses that might suit you.

Back