Learning Excel, Word

dodo

I need to freshen up on excel and word, I have both on my pc , but would like to learn how to use them better ,I cant afford to do an ECDL course, can you buy a learning disk that costs only a thanks.or what else can I do thanks

Hi,

A very cheap option would be to hire the ECDL book from your local library. Theres loads of tips on it and its just as good as ECDL. Another idea would be to buy an ECDL CD from ebay or somewhere like that. I bought one from LIDL last year for €6 and i found it very helpful.

Jockey

I remember seeing a DVD in a Spar/Centra in Rathmines recently that taught you how to use Excel.

Just go to the microsoft website and the the free training courses online. They are very good, easy to follow and FREE.

.....or, for a wider choice, google for Excel +tutorial , Word + tutorial etc. There are some pretty good interactive tutorial sites, many free, out there.

The Help menus in both programmes also give user hints/info which you might find helpful...

Last edited:
the best way to learn how to use Excel/Word is to do the exercise given from the trainning manual.
Practise is the best way to learn it!

Back