Leaky Ensuite Shower Tiling Question

Green

(i) I noticed a leak in the hall recently and suspected its coming from either a leaky pipe or the ensuite shower. I havn't used the ensuite since (4-5 days) but did put back on water and heat and no more leaks occurred. Would I be safe to assume that its the ensuite thats leaking.

(ii) If so, I intend to regrout the tiles and put it new seals. Does any one have experience of doing this?

(iii). I would assume this is a job that a tiler would do, and would ($64,000 question!) any one have a recommendation for a tiler in West Dublin / Lucan?

Thanks,

Hi YOBR,

I would suspect that your problem has more to do with a leak in a pipe going to a radiator above the hallway, sometimes a leak stops because the pipe metal expands when hot water is flowing through it thus removing, (until it cools down), the hole.

Regrouting is supposed to be a terrible job I'd be very surprised if any tiler would agree to do it for any decent money, (from your point of view).

grouting won't fix the leak,

try and find where the leak is and sort it that way, raidators are famous for leaking having been off all summer and then on/off during the winter.

if you want to grout, its an easy job to diy.
just get grout from a builders providers, flexible grout is best, and a grouting trowel and a couple of clean sponges....it really isn't that hard, and a tiler will want too much money.

Back