Leaking toilet - condensation?

P

pkelly

Bit of a strange one but before I explain the problem I should state that I've got underfloor heating in the house and the ensuite toilet (that I think is leaking) has a slight but constant trickle from the refill.

The problem is that this last few days there has been a small amount of water on the floor tiles around the toilet bowl. I think that this is caused by condensation on both the cistern and the bowl itself (up to the water level) which then drips and falls onto the floor and accumulates to appear like a leak.

I've tried to identify a leak when I flush the toilet but nothing is showing up and both the inlet (from the cistern) and outlet pipe (waste) seem to be well sealed.

Is the condensation building up to such a level because of the constant trickle? How can I fix this trickle - have tried pulling up the stopcock to a better position but the lever keeps falling back down and so the trickle begins again.

Or am I underestimating the problem and could I have a leak under the tiles? As I say, it is not alot of water but after a few days it builds up to give the appearance of something more serious.

Ventilation could help with reducing condensation on the cistern.

You should be aware that the face of the cistern is cold and that warm moist air will condense onto a cold surface.