Leaking Dishwasher

Aimee

Hi guys,

I know this may be a long shot but any advice or ideas would be great .....

Our dishwasher leaked the other night and my hubby mopped up water, wasnt alot really he said but enough and we have solid oak floors in the kitchen, clever, I know!! The dishwasher is hotpoint and is integrated.

Anywho, the following night I set the machine on a rinse just to see if I could make out where water was coming from. It appears to be coming from just right underneath the door and dripping on to the skirting frame underneath, so I checked the seal but that seems fine and set it off again - still dripping. Now the dripping on a rinse was only about 4 drops but on a full cycle I am sure it will be more - will test this out over weekend with some plastic and a basin!!!

The dishwasher is a month outside warranty and basically my question is - if its the door, then maybe its the solid wood door attached that might have pulled the dishwasher door and perhaps its my carpenter I should get back and not the hotpoint guys?????????

I just dont know, but to be honest I dont fancy paying a hotpoint rep to tell me that its the door attached and not the machine!

At last, my question ------------- anyone ever experienced similar??? any advice on what I should do? Who will i contact?

Thanks guys, would be lost without this forum!

Firstly, have you tried dismantling the filter at the bottom to make sure its not bunged full of rice, vegetables and other stuff? That is often the simple cause of a very distressing flood!

Secondly, if that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting Hotpoint Service Dept and see if they will still cover you for a callout even though it is just out of warranty. If not, and if you can't remedy the problem yourself, somebody will have to come out to look at it, and at least if its a Hotpoint agent, he should have any necessary parts (such as seals) if you have explained the problem first. Either way, your priority is to save your far more expensive floor, rather than an easily replaceable or repairable machine, so don't delay.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Could you remove the wooden door from the machine and run it then?

Thanks guys! I have checked the filter and rinsed it, it was fine. I ran the machine on Saturday and placed a hard plastic sheet under the door running on to a tray, literally two drops came out on a full run, so the problem doesnt appear to be big - yet! I will see what happens after a couple more runs but if it continues I will get someone out from Hotpoint, no matter how small the drip there is obviously still some problem. As you said it is better to save our floors than take a risk!

thanks again!