leak in boiler after service?quick answer needed

asdfg

hi all sorry to trouble you all again .I had my boiler serviced yesterday and he said there was a slight water leak from the pump valve .I use this press a lot and never saw any leak.He said there was no need to do anything at this point,however he said if it got worse in the future the system would have to be drained and it would take 2 to 3 hours,he said nothing about prices.This morning i opened the press and guess what?its leaking Ive phoned him and he said he will be out later.My question isdo you think im being ripped of?I dont know how to deal with this?Hes a bit intimaditing.Help

hi all sorry to trouble you all again .I had my boiler serviced yesterday and he said there was a slight water leak from the pump valve .I use this press a lot and never saw any leak.He said there was no need to do anything at this point,however he said if it got worse in the future the system would have to be drained and it would take 2 to 3 hours,he said nothing about prices.This morning i opened the press and guess what?its leaking Ive phoned him and he said he will be out later.My question isdo you think im being ripped of?I dont know how to deal with this?Hes a bit intimaditing.Help

Get a different plumber!

If a leak sudenly appears after a servicing then it is a bit dodgy. I have heard numerous comments about one guy around our estate who generally causes problems like this. Get another plumber in to fix the leak.

plumber arrived,he blead the system and all the rads because of air locks which i think is quite common after this procedure ,he put in the new valve,"unfortunately" 2 more valves started leaking and had to be replaced.The total cost so far 79euro service first day 149 euro second day.This morning i went to check and the last remaining valve is leaking ,not visibly,just if you put your finger on the screw to check, it feels wet here we go again.Am i just unlucky?were in this house 3 years .Do valves break this quickly?I dont want to accuse the plumber wrongly,but i would hate to think i am being taken for a mug.Answers to this problem would be great.

thank you.
x

Back