LCR Vs S3

Pique318

Can anyone in the know give me a reason to buy an S3 instead of a Leon Cupra/Cupra R ?

Audi is more expensive but comes with Quattro.
Leon is cheaper and nicer looking but FWD.

Any opinions ?

But is the S3 worth the extra 20k in value?? Maybe not..

Quattro is a great advantage when getting the power from the engine onto the tarmac though.

But Seat Cupra's wont lose too much on re-sale to be honest.

The Leon is a much better looking car in my opinion. The previous version was a fantastic car and the engine easily tuned.

Take both for a test drive and buy what you feel is nicer on the road. Cars like these are bought with the heart and not the head.

The S3 stands out less in a crowd. Which can be a good thing. Otherwise what he said. The [SIZE=-1]Impreza and similar are also similar no?
[/SIZE]

1/. The badge.

2/. Resale values.

3/. Grip.

1 - I'm not a label junkie
2 - Cupras don't lose much either but still important
3 - True, in the wet the S3 would be safer. It normally only has 2wd until it senses grip loss and then switches to 4wd

I actually prefer the look of the Leon over the S3. The S3 looks too bulky and you get the same engine, just slightly differently tweaked.

Apparently the LCR is more of a racer whereas the S3 is more refined for everyday use.

Heart says LCR, head says S3.

Dammit !!!!

LCR all the way, although im baised towards SEAT. The S3 however good, weighs a lot more than the Leon because of the 4WD, and you'll also have bigger fuel bills.

Its a hard one, but I dont think you'll have an issue selling a real Cupra R on.

I should clarify at this point that I'm not thinking about buying a NEW one....(more's the pity) but a 2001-2 incarnation.

S3
[broken link removed]

LCR
[broken link removed]
Now what's the opinion like ?

I think the design of the cupra wins hands down, its such a stunning car, the A3 looks fairly boring beside the R.

Get the new Focus ST, lower it with the ford Eibachs, get a Bluefin and you have a car that is cheaper, holds the road as well as the S3 and leaves them both for dead and is lots cheaper.

Back