LCD with built in DVD - Nordmende

dk99

Looking for a 20 inch LCD with a built in DVD. Just added a playroom to th ehouse and want to mount the TV on the wall. Was going for a LCD wit a built in DVD to save room but have only come across one brand that have them.

Has anyone heard of Nordmende any comments on experiences appreciated.

We always used to have Nordmende TVs at home ( 2 that is actually - they lasted ) Although 30 years ago, they were good makes .

Nordmende manufacturing stopped in the eighties and the brand was used by French make Thomson. So in fact it will be a French TV , although you never know where they are actually made.

Was in DID and about to buy this when i spotted taht it had a "transformer" box , similar to a laptop.

The electrician wired it so as we could cut the plug off and connect the wires directly. For safety he put an on / off switch on the wall. Because of the "box" i cant connect direct to the wire unless a put the "box" in the wall cavity to keep it out of sight.

Does anyone know of any other LCD's with DVDs that dont have this type of transformer box.

tnx a mil

Sounds dangerous. Why are you so opposed to the external PSU? It makes the screen smaller, lighter, and quieter as it doesn't need a fan to cool it.

Not opposed to it but cant see how i can mount it to the wall and have no wires showing with the "box".

Seen a Goodmans one in Argos so going to see if it has the "box"

I'd assume you clip it on the wall behind the screen. I assume you need some clearance for cooling.