LCD HDM1 Connection not compatible with PC

C

CDM01

Hi Folks,

I recently bought a Packard Bell PC without a monitor as I have a 20” & 32” Philips LCD TV.

The back of the Phillips LCD’s don’t have standard monitor ports but have HDM1 ports which are to be connected to the DVI output on PC’s.

However the PC that I have bought doesn’t have a DVI output and PC World have informed that there is no way of using the Phillips LCD’s for my current PC – only top end PC’s are fitted with HDM1 connections.

At the moment my only option looks like buying another monitor. Any advice on how, if at all, I could connect the PC to the LCD would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks CDM

The TV should have RGB type connectors (sometimes fitted on the front or side rather than the back) to plug in gaming devices. All modern tvs have them. Circular yellow, white and red generally. You should be able to get a lead that you can hookup your computer video out to these.

Specifically, your graphics card does not have DVI out which is pretty rare these days, a new graphics card with DVI out would be a much cheaper alternative to a new monitor, and you will then need a DVI-HDMI lead

Re: LCD HDMI Connection not compatible with PC

Specifically, your graphics card does not have DVI out which is pretty rare these days, a new graphics card with DVI out would be a much cheaper alternative to a new monitor, and you will then need a DVI-HDMI lead

You can also pick up [broken link removed] quite cheaply. This would probably be the least expensive route to connect your TV to the Philips TV.

Back