LCD cuts off

dad

Anyone experience a problem with their LCD. Ours cuts off after about 8-10 minutes of use. I have checked the timer and it is set to off. Does not seem to be overheating either. It takes about 25-30 minutes before it will work again for another 8-10 mins.

It is a new Philips 32" PF7331. Any help would be much appreciated before xmas and in laws are over.

If it's new I wouldn't waste any time in looking for a replacement. Doesn't sound like normal behaviour. Could be some component with a bad connection that shifts as it heats up and takes a while to cool down.

Get it replaced immediately. Few previous threads on here of people who lived with such problems for a while only for the TV to die completely just after the one year warranty expired.

We had a similar problem - and after a bit of internet searching and a phone call to a tv repair place - I decided it was the power adapter. Got a new one last week and it's been fine since. The adapters apparently only last 18 months according to the place I got the new one. You might not get one for xmas now?
The bad news - it cost 90 euro - but if the tv is still under warranty the sop should replace the adapter if it's faulty.

Got a new one here [broken link removed]

Back