Lcd 32/37 '

SARAHPMAN

Hi

i am hoping to buy a 32/37 inch LCD TV, but i really don't know where to start.
I have been looking at other threads and think i should get something that is HD-ready but that is all i know
My budget is about €1500.
have any of you experts ideas of what i should get and where to buy (dublin).
Was thinking of a philips untill i read a thread that said they were rubbish.

also would it be worth my while waiting untill after christmas for the sales?

looking forward to reading your replys
Sarah

I'm looking to buy one as well and to be honest at this stage think i'll wait till after xmas for the sales and see if i can get a bargain of some sort, wishful thinking probably

have seen good deals advertised on previous threads for online places and still unsure of whether to go down that road or not, what is comeback from them i wonder?

Hi,

My strong advice would be to buy a 37inch plamsa screen (panasonic) My opinion is that LCD is very poor producing decent contrast and fast moving video looks dreadful.

Good luck

Sony, Samsung or LG - try and get 2 or even 3 scart sockets on the back and a HDMI rather than DVI connection. Do you intend on getting Sky HD or HD DVD player and when?

try this link - [broken link removed]

Hi,

My strong advice would be to buy a 37inch plamsa screen (panasonic) My opinion is that LCD is very poor producing decent contrast and fast moving video looks dreadful.

Good luck
my strong advice would b be to buy an lcd as their lifespan is twice as long as plasma, less goes wrong with them and they consume far less electricity. modern lcd panels can produce excellent picture quality

my strong advice would b be to buy an lcd as their lifespan is twice as long as plasma, less goes wrong with them and they consume far less electricity. modern lcd panels can produce excellent picture quality

[broken link removed]

Please at least post acurate information. General sweeping comments don't help anyone. People post because they need impartial advice All I am saying is that a large creen is a big investment. '

Read all the facts. There is no comparison when watching a pioneer, panasonic or fujitsu plasma versus a samsung or LG. Do an AB compariosn and you will be shocked at the difference. There is a price difference but it is a long term investment.

Remember HD makes most sets look good but normal broadcast especially sport is what these screens are used for.

i am not into sports and don't think i will be getti sky HD yet.

thanks for the comments.