laying wooden floors

Got Solid Bamboo floors from a place in Maynooth for 28euro /sq. mtr. They were looking for 10euro/sq.mtr to lay (nailing). I did the job myself taking time & looks grand. No problems in laying and nailing. It took me one & a half day to do a small room.

Hi All,
thanks for the replys...

can you believe i still have no floors down... embarrassing i know, BUT the floors have some covering on them.

anyway am now thinking of textured laminate...any ideas...Balterio...Quickstep??

is it really worth it???

thanks
ps am not allowed solid as it's a dupex......

ps am not allowed solid as it's a dupex......

if noise factor between units is a issue - as can think of no other reason solid specifically prohibited in a duplex - then afaik, and correct me if I'm wrong, there's no difference between soilid, semi-solid or laminate. echoing others posters, laminate is mainly a chaper alternative to wooden effect flooring but doesn't have the long term maintence advantages of semi or solid, in that you can resand and refinish semi and solid down the line. i'm asuming also that issue is because yours is a duplex over another unit, in this case i would check into management company stipulations to clairfy whether laminate is allowable. most new build complexes have concrete floors between units which acts somewhat as a noise barrer. i previously owned an apatment in a new build complex (concrete slab betwen units) and no such stipulation. my preference would be solid as can withstand a number of sandings, assuming your looking for a job for life. in any case, for solid or semi in a new build unit, make sure your installer does a moisture test as excess moisture will cause wood to expand. solid rustic grade natural french oak - your only man, scratches and indentations add to charachter of wood imo.

Hi Sloggi, thanks for your reply.

In the contract i signed on closing it states that I can't have a solid floor. It doesn't say that i can't have a laminate/tiles/semi-solid etc...very strange indeed. There is a two bed apartment under me but there is concrete floors and not wooden. So I just can't get solid. I have 45sqr yards to cover and am not sure if I should go for the balterio laminate or quick step lamiate........these have a 25 year guarantee with them.......