Laying New Footpaths And A Drain

NOAH

I need to know the basisc for laying new footpaths round an old bungalow and as the floor level at present is level with the outside I want to lower it by at least 2 inches. My problem is my builder as he is totally blase about doing anythng right. At the moment where footpaths have been dug up he has depositied a load of rubble ie broken bricks that came from demolition. He may use this as a base but it looks wonky to me. What would be the correct procedure for laying footpaths and how thick should the concrete be?

As this house is close to an area that can get flooded and damp patches have appreared on the inside, this could be, a) no gutters, b) builder has left rubble on outside, c)cavity breached. etc etc. I am toying with the idea of installing a drain all the way round but again I need to know how this should be constructed. Any help greatly appreciated.

I know the correct route would be to ask an engineer but I keep getting conflicting advice to the extent that I think they are not bothered.

noah

Back