Laying lino in toilet

dodo

I had wood in a downstairs loo which I am going to take up and I will lay lino in toilet.How do I stick the lino to the floor and do I have to cut lino so it can go around toilet bowl without making it look crap. Would it be to much hassle to take up the toilet bowl then lay the lino and reset the bowl in place.

What type of toilet have you? if its a low level toilet (one that is connected to the cistern by a white L shaped pipe) then its quite easy. I would recommend you remove toilet because if you cut around it you will leave the outline of the bowl on the floor and if you need to change the toilet in the future you will find it hard to match original toilet bowl size/shape as they are all different.

Unless you are good at laying lino, I'd leave it to the experts.

I did it once .... took me most of the day.

Next time, I let the experts do it .... they had it done in 15 mins !!!

I've done similar on a small downstairs toilet in the past; I took up the toilet pan so that the fitter (lazy me) could lay the lino, when this was down I refitted the toilet, sealing around the base of the pan with a clear silicone sealant. This gives a clean, professional job that's easy to clean. The fitter (or you) will be glad not to have to cut the lino around a fixed WC pan. I'm doing another similar job in a larger bathroom and I plan to fit the lino myself this time, I'll use a Floorwise adhesive (specially for vinyl coverings) to stick the lino down around threshold, fittings etc.

The lino space is only 6ft X 3ft, do I have to switch of water if I intend on putting lino under the toilet.