laying lino before fitting kitchen?

moneygrower

hi there, I've been reading through the posts on tiling a kitchen before fitting a new one. We plan of removing the old tiles and laying lino should this be done before fitting the kitchen? It is a very messy job?
Also we'll be selling up in a year or so, will lino be a big turn off? I don't like the existing tiles and and sick of things smashing before they hit the floor.

Sorry MoneyGrower, missed this earlier so hope it's not too late. As with any flooring in a kitchen, it's always best if you can have it in place prior to installing the kitchen. This is more important with lino. If you put the kitchen in first, then every edge will require the fitter to cut the lino to profile giving lots of oportunities for mistakes. Also, dirt, water, etc., could then make its way in under the seam.

Also, make sure that the lino covers the entire floor space where applicances are to go. I've seen situations where this was not done, and it's a nightmare to remove the applicaces as their feet catch on the edge of the lino. Also make sure it is very well glued under appliances to prevent buckling when moving appliances. If possible, make sure the kitchen counter is high enough to allow your appliances to sit on top of .
Leo

Back