Laya Laya Simply Connect renewal plus children options?

Monbretia

Hi, had Laya SC for past couple of years, very happy with level of cover, like the everyday especially for docs/consultants etc, is there anything else I should be looking at that would match it for less this year?

Two children also on it last year as one was having a lot of appointments but that is hopefully over now so anything more economical for them this year.

All suggestions greatly appreciated, have read all the recent threads so have some ideas myself but just want a bit of advice. Saw the Irish Life offering on children but none of the adults are with IL at moment, one could switch on this renewal if there was a similar plan to Simply Connect if it was worth it for the childrens cover.

Monbretia,

There is no better priced plan with similar cover to Laya Simply Connect at the moment. The big deal is that it is not going up in price on 1 Nov 2019.
That in itself is a plus. Regarding the children switching to Irish Life Nurture Plan 170 per child, the options for an adult are not cheap. The nearest
'equivalent' plan is Irish Life 4D Health 2 @ price 1262pa. This would be a 100 euro difference per adult including the 3% credit charge with Laya.
There is free travel insurance on this plan with Irish Life at the moment.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Alternative options for the children are available with VHI. So you could stay with Laya if you want, as Vhi allow children to be insured on their own.
1. VHI One Plan 250; price 193 per child; all public, private and some Beacon cover, max excess 250 x 2 per year for all admissions. Limited day to day.
2. VHI One Plan 150; price 197 per child; all public, private and some Beacon cover, max excess 150 x 2 per year for all admissions. Limited day to day.
3. VHI One + Plan; price 225 per child; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 per admission or day case procedure. Limited
day to day cover. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks a million for that info, I'll stay with Simply Connect so at the moment as happy enough with it and as you say it's a bonus it hasn't increased! I'll have a look at the kids options, thanks again :)

Just off phone to Laya on another query and the Simpy Connect is going up by 32.50 on 1st of November just in time for renewal!

Monbretia,

Simply Connect plan was priced at 1100 per adult upto 30th June 2019. There was a price increase on 1st July 2019 of 32.50 which only kicks in for you
on renewal date, ie 1st November 2019. You were on the old price for the year, like myself. It escaped a further price increase on 1st November.

Snowyb

Back