Lawnmowers - Snapper v's Honda

Ned_ie

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on these lawnmowers. THey are both self propelled push lawnmowers with mulch capabilities and both cost in or around €1,000. Any idea on which is the best?

Thanks

Ned

Do you have model numbers for these? That would assist in the comparison.
Leo

That snapper pictured is of nowhere near the same quality as the Honda pictured in the link in terms of engineering or longevity.
Also consider John Deer walk behind with mulch kit but there are loads of similiar type machines out there.

BTW you mention €1000 but the price of that Honda is close to €500 on that American website - it's great to live in Ireland, isn't it.

I know - unbelievable isn't it"!

Know of any websites where I might be able to buy one online?

I checked the RRP of that Snapper on a distributors price list at the weekend and it appeared to be a lot cheaper than €1000.
Either you have referenced the wrong snapper or the dealer is asking for too much.
The Honda might be retailing at €1000 but it depends on the model. Most Snappers wouldn't be that expensive.

Maybe I have the wrong model so. Need to go back to the guy again. Where were you looking Dipole?

Beware of mowers with plastic bodies, I remember Hondas had plastic bodies a few years ago & I also remember them coming back from customers with critical crack or holes in the bodywork after stone strikes, Honda may have moved away from this in recent years. Having said that I would still go for a Honda if you have a good stone free surface & also from a quality perspective.