Law and affidavits

camper

Just hope I have this query on proper thread. my sincere apology if not.

A Plaintiff are contesting the valitity of Will. A Testamentry Civil Bill will be forwarded to defendant. Is it necessary for Plaintiff to lodge affidavit of verification with defendant?

When I read up on such affidavit it just states such affidavit are lodged with personal injury claim and does not make any reference to probate case.

thanks for any replies

I am not 100% sure but I would not think such an affidavit was required for this.

Counsel will have drafted the original civil bill and would have directed the completion of an affidavit if required.

For a dispute like this there may well be applications relating to discovery and or interrogatories between the parties.
Some of those matters might involve affidavits being filed. Counsel and your solicitor will guide you on this as the proceedings progress.

A complex area of law and you would be mad to take such proceedings without legal representation. Your solicitor will be able to tell you if such an affidavit is required.

If you are going without a solicitor on this you will only succeed in reducing the assets in the estate on legal fees.

Back