Laurel Lodge, Castleknock

Alli

Hi there,

Does anyone know much about Laurel Lodge, Castleknock?

We are concentrating our search for a house around this area - specifically around the shops (where Brian Lenihan has his office). Not because we want to be closer to Brian, I'm just describing the area (!), and don't know what these shops are called... Estates include Castleknock Vale, Grange, Drive, Rise, downs, Meadows etc etc. (There are also some estates with much bigger and more expensive houses around here - we are not looking at these as our budget is max 330k).

Houses around here seem older than some of the newer houses available in Carpenterstown, but I'm guessing the Castleknock address makes them more expensive? For example, most don't seem to have en-suites, but we're not fussed on this for the right house.

Anyway, on paper, the area seems good if not a little pricey for a 3/4 bed semi. Close to Castleknock train station, schools, creche, shops.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone regarding their views on this part of Dublin 15, or if you live here. I'm guessing traffic is bad with the schools and commuters heading towards the Phoenix Park in the morning? Please feel free to pm.

Thanks,

Alli.

Last edited:
Every where around there is called Castleknock. Technically Castleknock is only inside the M50. The reason the house are dearer, is that the area has less density than the newer estates and no apartments.
Good schools, close to train, tesco not far. Traffic is bad in Castleknock village.
How many kids do you have/expecting. A house with only one bathroom will be painful when kids get a older.

Prices not related to castleknock address. Laurel Lodge is Laurel Lodge. It is a very settled area with lots of community activities. Traffic can be terrible leaving LL for the city in the morning. Good location for train. Train busy also. Lots of access to schools and shops. There are a lot of teenagers in the area. Lots of rented houses also.

Not having an ensuite is a disadvantage nowadays. I wouldn't pay over the odds for such a house. Putting in an ensuite is not difficult if you have the space. Some of the houses in LL are more generous with space than those built recently. Best of luck with your search.