Latest slimline Tvs

chippy

Hi gang,I am interested in purchasing a 46 Lcd the best,but i have been told to hold off as there is serious slimlime stuff on the way.My question is when will this technology hit us here in Ireland.The credit crunch has hit and i dont see any products in the shop that should be here as advertieed. Chippy

I think perhaps you are referring to the OLED displays.

If you are thinking of waiting on one of these then you will either have to be loaded with cash AND very patient.

Afaik, the screen sizes only go up to 20" or something at present due to the technology, but the price is sky high. This will continue for several years I feel.

The way I see it in the consumer electronics market is that one technology has to get well placed before another comes along. So they get hundred of millions to buy plasmas/LCDs throughout the world, then invent another technology to get all these people to upgrade. Thats how the market works. People always want the latest technology.

So I would not wait - just buy your LCD now. There are some great deals out there at present, and they will improve over the next few months.

It's a 42" but this JVC took the Special K test.

Note most LCD would be around the 130mm up in depth. This screen is stated in the specs at 72mm but for the most part is only 39mm deep.

[broken link removed] scroll down