Late deal to Santa Ponsa

blinkbelle

hi all, Im looking at a very late deal to santa ponsa and its for nothing 400euro 3star hotel. its allocated on arrival though. ive been to other places before allocated on arrival and accommodation was fine. Ive googled santa ponsa and seen a few bad things full of dodgey irish!!? can anybody help me? im nearly tempted as its so cheap.

anyone been? whats it like? is there people dragging you in of the streets to pubs?(hate that not our scene) like lively but not madness.

€400 as a synonym for "nothing" is a new one on me. Is this a Celtic Tiger phenomenon or something? Never been to Santa Ponsa and never inclined to visit based on the reports I've heard. Why not try TripAdvisor or the like for first hand reports?

Santa Ponsa is 'Ireland in the sun.' Full of irish people, irish pubs, etc. 400 euro for a 3 star hotel sounds good. Just be prepared for whatever.

Give it a miss...it's a picturesque little spot but full of the worst kind of scumbags you're ever likely to meet. Forgive my bluntness but I have been there. To be honest I still find the whole experience quite amusing-a truly bizarre and surreal place

second that ! its full of young Irish kids getting hammered and staying up all night ,if your in that category go for it !

Santa Ponsa is one of the worst places of it's kind (vomit, chips,'sangria' etc). Even as an 11 year old I recognised it's tackiness.

I believe it's now much worse - I wouldn't go if I was paid and I honestly mean that. You should get much better options for late deals.

Clubman, unanimity on two issues in the last few days!!!
All this bad weather is doing something to people...

God my standards must be so low!!!! I stayed in the Bougainvilla Apts two years ago in Santa Ponsa with Mr. Happy and my two children. Had a great fortnight. Needless to say wasn't interested in the night life scene so probably didn't see all the above mentioned shenanigans and home by 12midnight most nights but we had a very pleasant time. Beautiful secluded cove just down the road which we headed down to most mornings. Spent the day by the pool then headed out for something to eat in evenings followed by a stroll along the beach and the kids had a rummage in the junk shops. Fantastic outdoor square area where different tribute bands play every night. If it's a bit of sunshine, strolling along the beach and eating out I say go for it!!! I would go back again.

What about Canaries?

Budget Travel usually have offers for Gran Canaria, Lanzarote & Fuerteventura for around €350 - €400.

GC can be crazy depending on where you end up - Lanzarote Ok but a bit tacky IMO and Fuerteventura, personally I would recommend. Fairly quiet but not too quiet in Corralejo - nice restaurants bars etc. Feels much more 'Spanish' than the others.

Hi guys. Thanks so much for the quick reply's. Ahh clubman you know what I meant by nothing well to me 400euro is cheap compared to what i paid last year for a holiday nearly 1k for a lower standard of accommodation. Ive decided to give it a miss. You know when your looking at something and it seems great well nah ive changed my mind. Were not into all these young ones getting legless etc. We are young but dont like rowdy gangs etc but like to be out at night till 2/3 am.

Anyways have just booked a week in Lanzarote (dearer) have been there before so know what to expect!

Happygirl, good to hear you had a good time there, maybe I will go sometime but right now i need a stressfree holiday.

Thanks again guys

God my standards must be so low!!!! I stayed in the Bougainvilla Apts two years ago in Santa Ponsa with Mr. Happy and my two children. Had a great fortnight.

i have to agree, i stayed there too and found the beach good and some nice restaurants, i think there could be worse places to go.