Late cheques not lodged

Gunnerbar

Just a quickie. I have a couple of Vodaphone dividend cheques that are out of date by between 2 and 4 months. What are the chances the bank will honour these. Thought there might be special consideration considering their origin.

Thanks.

Try it and see. A bank official told me a number of years ago, that they dont look at dates on cheques, unless the cheques are for a very large amount. most vodafone dividends are quite small.

I had a vodafone cheque that was out of date by a few months a couple of years ago. I e-mailed them and asked about it and they told me to send it back to them and within a few days I received a reissued cheque.

I had this problem and I sent them back to Vodaphone and they restamped them and sent them back to me with new date.

To avoid the hassle in the future you might want to sign up for the [broken link removed] so that dividends are used to buy more shares. I'm mentioning this not as investment advice/share tipping but simply for the logistical convenience.

I had this problem and I sent them back to Vodaphone and they restamped them and sent them back to me with new date.

I would advise you go this route. As a banker I've seen some of these cheques being returned unpaid. It would cost you more in charges than the cheques are actually worth.

When you say out of date by 2 & 4 months, you do mean on top of the 6 month life of a cheque ? Sorry, if this seems silly but some people do not realise the timespan before a chq is out of date.

Try it and see. A bank official told me a number of years ago, that they dont look at dates on cheques, unless the cheques are for a very large amount. most vodafone dividends are quite small.

Yes, this would be typical for personal customers. A large company like Vodafone would have their cheques returned to them with their statements & they check them out themselves against their records.
Social Welfare chqs would be the same & most Dividend chqs.

Back