Late Booking fee for last min holiday!!!

ngwrbc

I am so sick of being fleeced at every chance, booking a last min holiday this morning and at the final hurdle they add a "late booking fee" of €30 euro, yes its a late booking because the agent is selling a "last minute holiday"... what a joke!!

As a travel agent I must say I absolutely agree that this "late fee" is a ridiculous insult from the tour operators (- NOT the travel agent ).

I have never understood why ,when tour operators are desperate to get rid of those last seats they ,on the one hand ,reduce the price, and then on the other hand add this fee.

Your travel agent should have just quoted the total total amount. full stop. However, she may have faced the problem that we all face which is ..

The tour operator (or airline) advertises this great holiday/flight for only XYZEuros.

Client comes in - she wants that holiday/flight she saw advertised.
Then we have to explain that ,yes, the basic price was 369 but the tour operator is adding late fee -oh, and airport tax or departure tax whatever blah blah blah ETC

Very annoying.

No didnt book the holiday through them, searched around and got last min deal elsewhere minus late booking fee!
This crowd charging it are one of the big internet companies that offer packages from all operators, what a joke!!

Back