Last minute holiday deals

Shawady

Has anyone ever got a genuine last minute holiday deal that has turned out to be good value?

We are not going away this summer and are considering waiting until the October mid-term and trying to get a late deal. My wife is concerned that because the only destination that has good weather at this time is the Canaries and there will be big demand, the only types of accomodation left will be of low standard. Because we have young children, we would be concerned if we ended up in a bit of a dive.

Anyway, I was just wondering is it just the crap that couldn't sell on these last minute deals or can you get some good offers? What travel companies would be best to check out also?

The price of hols to the canaries tend to go up around the time of the mid term break . Myself and a friend went away a week before midterm and we saw the prices creep up from400 to 600 for week in the canaries. Try book nowand seeif u could get a free child place

We travel to the Canaries with ryanair and it works out fairly reasonable for us, Especially if you are hoping to get the sun that time in the year. Actually budget travel who now use ryanair as their carrier for the Canaries were reasonable enough when a friend of ours booked for that time also. I would try Budget travel now or just Ryanair if you dont like Budgets choice of accommadation and book acc on your own, Its easier for us as we are familiar with the area. Try a search on Ryanairs website from your departure airport to Gran Canaria using your dates and see how much your flights would cost, There is very good complexes there that suit all.

Keep in mind Madeira as well. Was there in October a few years back and it was lovely.
The OP has young children. Madeira is full of hills and if you are trying to push a buggy....also there are no real beaches there, cloae to Funchal anyway.

we got very good last min deal on gohop.ie

week in turkey for 2 adults, 2 kids for 600 bed and breakfast in june . lovely hotel . booked 10 days in advance - was thomas cook holiday. i've used that site several times before, you just need to keep checking it and when you see something good book it fast. turkey is very good for young kids as alot of the restaurants have little play areas so you can eat in peace- would recommend it . you just need to be extra careful with the water. only downsize in the flgiht is a bit long.

We went to Turkey with Thomas Cook. Most uncomfortable flight I ever had, the leg room was so bad I could not put a bottle in pocket or put my head back, plus on returning we were not on the list to pick us up at the hotel and we were not on the flight list at the check in, and had to wait at the check in desk until they could confirm we were on the flight (a very worrying experience) Never again Thomas Cook, Thompsons were much better.