Laser printer V HP 6500

oscarbandit0

Hi

I know there are numerous posts about printers but have not being able to locate the required information.

I have just started a course (online) that demands a lot of printing - and I mean a lot.

I had intended to buy a new printer and was looking at the HP 6500. It is supposed to be very efficient ink wise. Also I would like to be able to print the occasional photo.

But I was wondering would I be better off buying a laser printer? Would it be cheaper for printing. Just not sure what to do.

The HP ticks all the boxes if it is as efficient as a laser printer which it seems to state.
Also I need the printer to be wireless.

Kind Regards and Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cost per page is the issue and ink jets tend to be much more expensive.
The printer may be cheaper but the ink is very expensive.

If you are printing large volumes, get a laser.

Its cheaper to print B&W to a monochrome laser than a colour one.
But if you need to print colour, you need a colour laser.

Choose a colour laser with a separate black cartridge.

Laser printers are designed to print a certain volume of pages per month, so make sure your choice will handle the the printing volume you need. 5,000 pages per month, 10,000, 20,000 etc. etc.

Choose a printer where you can buy generic cartridges rather than one where you are forced to buy consumables from the printer supplier.

Could you recommend a laser printer? I will be printing a lot of stuff. 100 or so pages per wk easily. Doesn't need to be colour.

Thank you for your advice

I would be nice to be able to print on bothe sides of the pages.

Last edited:
I bought a laser printer recently. Same issue, was printing a lot and spending a fortune on Inkjet (waste of time and money imo)

I bought a brother HL 2140 home laser printer. Its small, fits one ream of paper and only cost me €90.

You can get generic toner for it aswell for about €45 euro online.

Have only had to replace toner once so far- (as opposed to about 7 or 8 ink cartridges)

Would recommend it or similar. Its a very basic laser printer, black and white, decent ppm (pages per minute)

Brother and HP do very good laser printers. If you want one that does both sided of the page automatically you will need to spend more money. Alternatively just turn the pages over and print on the other side

Last edited:
Back