Laser Printer & The KX Driver

Joanne

I e-mailed the printer company which made my printer to discover how to know if my laser printer is printing in economy or normal mode.

They said;

"Economy mode can be selected via the driver.

The most commonly used driver for windows is the KX driver. example below:

ole0.bmp

follow the example, select imaging from driver properties.
set print quality to custom, click on three dots.
select required quality."

Does anyone know what this means? How do I locate this driver? I typed ole0.bmp into the search tool, but it didn't locate anything with this name...

I don't think that ole0.bmp has anything to do with the driver. I think it's a misplaced reference to some graphic which may not be appearing correctly or something. In general to set printer properties do the following (the specifics may vary depending on your printer/driver): from the application menu choose File -> Print -> Properties... and then there will usually be an option to set the economy mode or else and Advanced... button allowing access to this and other options. If this still doesn't make sense then post the specific make and model of your printer and somebody will probably be able to give you precise instructions for setting the economy mode. Hope this helps.

Thanks ClubMan! I got it to work. You were right the .bmp was a reference to a graphic. The .bmp was supposed to be active, but wasn't.

Thanks!

Back