Laser Cards Charge

D

Diamond

I have just been charged 40 euro for 2 laser cards - is this correct - both myself & my husband have one for our current account?

Probably. Stamp duty on Laser cards is €10. Stamp duty on combined Laser and ATM cards is €20. So I presume that your cards are combined Laser/ATM cards. If they were on the same account (e.g. a joint account) then you may get away with one charge of €20 on the account rather than the individual cards - at least that's how it works with multiple credit cards operating off a single account. See here for more info:

[broken link removed]

Oops again ...

> If they were on the same account (e.g. a joint account) then you may get away with one charge of €20 on the account rather than the individual cards - at least that's how it works with multiple credit cards operating off a single account.

After reviewing the PDF above it seems that stamp duty applies to credit card ACCOUNTS and not the cards themselves but in the case of Laser and/or ATM cards the stamp duty applies to the CARD(s) and not the ACCOUNT(s).

Hopefully no more oops! :)

Back