Laser card retailer codes

B

Brouhahaha

Is there any way to look up the codes for laser transactions to find out the retailers behind the codes? There's a transaction on my statement with a none-too-clear laser code that does not ring a bell...

Thanks

I haven't seen this information available online anywhere, but your bank should be able to explain more about the transaction in question.

For this type of query the bank has to dig out a paper receipt apparently (that's what they told me). It seems a lot of effort that being able to look up the code would save.

Tell the people in the bank to get their act together.

There is no way they have to dig out the original receipt . . .

The transaction would be tied to a merchant ID which would identify the retailer. The merchant ID behind your transaction should be available to the bank staff no problem.

z

In all the time I've been using Laser (PTSB card) my transactions have always come up as "POS <shop name>" (POS = Point Of Sale) or something similar. No arcane codes in this case. I guess what Zag is saying is that should take care of translating the underlying codes to merchant descriptors or something like that? What bank is it out of interest?

Back