Laser Card in Tunisia

DesignA

Hi, i am going to Tunisia soon and I was told by a friend that i couldn't use a laser card there. Does anyone know if this is correct. I have a credit card but don't know the pin number.

Laser is an IRISH debit card.

Only works in the RoI.

Check if your ATM card has a Maestro symbol. This means you can use your debit card abroad.

Check if your ATM card has a Maestro symbol. This means you can use your debit card abroad.
Yes, look for the Maestro or Cirrus symbols on the back of the card and check with your bank.

(BTW, unless things have changed since I was last there, your mobile won't work in Tunisia )

Mine worked in France (I know it's not Tunisia!) - it's an AIB Laser with Maestro symbol. Used it to pay in shops and car park tickets.

hi. Cash is the only way to go here. Hotels have own banks. however many traders love the sight of euro and will do great deals if pay in euro. dont change too much near end of your holidays as in airport you have to approach a small hatch window with a guy who pretends to have no english. we lost about €60 as we handed in 70€ worth of dinar and he asked us for €20 more and he handed out €30. When I questioned this security was over like flies. the whole bus load of panorama were done. gas.

Great experience of a country. we stayed in a four star hotel which really was like a two star here. death trap taxi driver, dont touch a bus. bargain 10 dinar becomes 4 dinar if you walk away.

enjoy........