Larkhill beside DCU - just off Collins Ave.

S

starlight

Im looking to buy a property in Larkhill beside DCU - just off Collins Ave. Its on old estate and Im wondering has anyone got any feedback on this area and how much houses in this area are selling for?

Re: Larkhill

starlight said:
Im looking to buy a property in Larkhill beside DCU - just off Collins Ave. Its on old estate and Im wondering has anyone got any feedback on this area and how much houses in this area are selling for?

This is a nice quiet settled area but expensive enough. House are selling for over the 400k mark, however you do have every conceivable amenity on your doorstep.

Re: Larkhill

It's a great area in my opinion, close to everything and one of the best ex-corporation areas in the city. It's quite settled now but prices do start at around 400,000 as foxylady said. I've even seen some in very good condition sell for close to the half a million mark!

Also, check here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=4824

Thanks for the feedback ...fingers crossed ill get something there.

starlight said:
Thanks for the feedback ...fingers crossed ill get something there.

there is a property there for sale for 385 (2 bed)at the mo on myhome and also there is one in ellenfield, whitehall for 440(3 bed)

Thanks for that,ive just rang and the viewings start on sat!

I know quite a bit about Larkhill , more prominently the estate behind it. The front development is nice and I like the design , I do not know if they are secured from the main estate but i hope they are. I suggest taking a visit to Santry Garda station and ask them if they have had problems with the estate behind it or better still Coolock Gardai . I think you will get more information that will help you with you decision but I have been informed that the estate behind it is not the most law-abiding (to put it nicely). I was thinking of investing in there but the Garda feedback put me off completely , they did not give me details but Coolock said that they make a fairly regular stopover in the estate. Take a walk into the estate opposite the park which is after Larkhill , near the Coolock/N Side Pidgeon club just to be sure , to be sure.

Hasslehoff said:
I know quite a bit about Larkhill , more prominently the estate behind it. The front development is nice and I like the design , I do not know if they are secured from the main estate but i hope they are. I suggest taking a visit to Santry Garda station and ask them if they have had problems with the estate behind it or better still Coolock Gardai . I think you will get more information that will help you with you decision but I have been informed that the estate behind it is not the most law-abiding (to put it nicely). I was thinking of investing in there but the Garda feedback put me off completely , they did not give me details but Coolock said that they make a fairly regular stopover in the estate. Take a walk into the estate opposite the park which is after Larkhill , near the Coolock/N Side Pidgeon club just to be sure , to be sure.

Could Hasslehoff mean Larchhill instead of Larkhill? Larchhill (not sure about spelling) is down by the Northside, off Coolock Lane whereas Larkhill is (I think) closer to DCU.

Just to Clarify i am talking about the developments across from the astro park on Oscar Traynor Road

Ciaran said:
Could Hasslehoff mean Larchhill instead of Larkhill? Larchhill (not sure about spelling) is down by the Northside, off Coolock Lane whereas Larkhill is (I think) closer to DCU.

Larkhill is off Collins Ave. (Swords Road end) and is approx equidistant to DCU and Beaumont Hospital.

liteweight said:
Larkhill is off Collins Ave. (Swords Road end) and is approx equidistant to DCU and Beaumont Hospital.

and it runs up as far as Santry village down by the comet side - a long way (1.5 miles) from the astro pitches on oscar traynor road.

Yes apparently Whitehall Garda Station looks after Larkhill and I spoke to someone there and they said its a very quite trouble free ex corpo estate. Larch Hill is up near Northside Shopping Centre and is a newer development.

Santry is a great location and the prices in that area have been improving as people realise that it is near town , hospitals , loads of schools and of course DCU plus loads of shops and a very well facilitated Garda station.
By the way Larkhill is on Shanowen Road the same road as Santry Garda station which is about 1 minute walk away,so you better be on your best behaviour. The devlopment came around due to the development of the old Leyland factory and surrounding units.

Hasslehoff said:
Santry is a great location and the prices in that area have been improving as people realise that it is near town , hospitals , loads of schools and of course DCU plus loads of shops and a very well facilitated Garda station.
By the way Larkhill is on Shanowen Road the same road as Santry Garda station which is about 1 minute walk away,so you better be on your best behaviour. The devlopment came around due to the development of the old Leyland factory and surrounding units.

Larkhill is not on Shanowen Road,it is in fact as already staed an oold corporation estate, It is near but again you are mixing up your developments and you are thinking of milners square new development coming soon.

Back