Large Shower Heads - 8" Rain Type

ryan-neil

Hi,

I am wondering what are people opinons on the Rain type shower heads that usually have a diameter of between 6 and 8 inches, I am considering one from the ceiling above the bath but am also thinking of keeping a T90si that has served me well but has no pressure as the tank is out 4four feet above it, there is a 3bar pump already feeding the sink and taps. What are your opinons ? I have been "thinking" about this for 3 months.

what size is your hot water cylinder? Measure it width by height and have a look on the web for volume.

Unless you feed the rose off the 3 bar pump you will get cold droplets of water at your feet but the trade off is that the 3 bar pump will empty any tank fairly quickly unless you have some flow restrictors.

I recently used a 8" rose off a 2 or 2.5 bar pump and it was reasonable, more like a look rain shower than a power shower.

Hi Ryan-Neil, From a ladies point of view it is very difficult to leave conditioner in your hair with a rain type shower. Best check with Mrs Ryan-Neil

I stayed in a hotel over the weekend where there was a rain shower in the bathroom. My feeling is that it looks impressive, but it's not as nice as an ordinary power shower to use.

What is differance between a power shower and this, is it a differant shower head, does anyone a link to a power shower shower head. I have a Grohe Wireless shower fed off a 3 bar Monsoon pump, can you buy the power shower shower head,..