Large screen LCD TV

interested

Could anyone give me a few names of places where I can buy a large screen LCD TV online as I believe there are considerable savings to be made, also it would be helpful if anyone could tell me if they bought one on line and did everything go ok.I also am led to believe that the guarantee situation is exactly the same as buying from an electrical shop here.Thanks ...........

Re: Large Screeen LCD TVD

I bought a 32" Sharp LCD TV from DID electrical (www.did.ie) for aprox 1150

They had a special deal on and threw in a decent glass stand to put the TV on for free (valued around 200 Euro). Unlike me, you might not need the glass stand so don't know if it is worth your while.

Had a look at

and it is retailing at the same price as DID, without the glass stand (i.e you could go down to DID this evening and take it home!!)

Cheers,

Re: Large screeen LCD TV

I also am led to believe that the guarantee situation is exactly the same as buying from an electrical shop here.Thanks ...........

What do you think will happen when it breaks?

Thanks for replies most helpful , All Aldi TVS gone within minutes of store opening !! but thanks anyway,

Nailer much the same thing as would happen if one were to break if bought from an Irish retailer !!!!!!!!

Nailer much the same thing as would happen if one were to break if bought from an Irish retailer !!!!!!!!

Where are you going to bring it though, no irish company will want anything to do with it, its hard enough to get the things you buy in ireland serviced. I wouldnt reccomend it

Sorry if my first response sounded smart by the way

Amazing,Aldi generally give 2-3 year warranty on their products,you bring them back to the shop with your receipt as you would any defective goods....I fail to find the meaning of your post?What has been your experience with Aldi...

Where are you going to bring it though, no irish company will want anything to do with it, its hard enough to get the things you buy in ireland serviced. I wouldnt reccomend it

Well personally I've never owned a TV that "broke" but then again I've always gone with pretty reliable brands. It IS one of the chances you take with an online retailer. If there's a distributor of the product in Ireland, you can always take it there for repair. If not, you may have to pay to ship it off. It's probably worth the risk of having to pay for this, given that hardly anything breaks within the warranty period anyway.

pennypincher all i said about Aldi was that they were sold out .so whats your point ??????

If you are interested in a plasma screen. I find LG a good make at reasonable prices.

pennypincher all i said about Aldi was that they were sold out .so whats your point ??????

Apologies Interested it was Nailer I was referring to...the only reason I didn't buy from Aldi was I couldn't get the refresh specification for that particular model online...

Apologies Interested it was Nailer I was referring to...the only reason I didn't buy from Aldi was I couldn't get the refresh specification for that particular model online...

I said nothing about aldi it was buying from abroad that i was questioning

be very wary buying tv's omline, If you must ensure that it is compatible with Irish systems otherwise you will have a monitor only!

Also before buying any model it is really worthwhile going to view it in a showroom even if you end up buying on the internet.The JDV(Just Definable Difference) between different models might suprise you but don't be afraid to adjust the settings I always do...just to make sure a model with poor picture quality hasn't had the settings maxed out to make it compare better to the model adjacent to it...

Thanks to all that posted replies after looking on various sites it seems safer to buy from an Irish Company as the savings dont seem that significant and its safer too if any problems arise.