Large Screeen TV

interested

I wonder does anyone here have much experience of Nordmende large screen tvs in either LCD or plasma .Are they good and what is picture quality like and so on.
I am recieving the signal through NTL Digital

Not Normende in particular but what size are you talking about ?

37 " or 42 " I am not overly concerned about it being hd ready as I dont intend to get a sky dish as i am currently getting my service through NTL Digital on there MMDS System as I live outside the Dublin area.so dont really feel there is a need to get a tv thats hd ready , maybe im wrong as its so hard to get accurate information about future broadcasts.

MMDS is unlikely to carry HD in the next decade, if ever! Also, what's your signal quality like? Bear in mind that the bigger the screen, the more you will notice this. I wouldn't like to rely on MMDS to feed a 42" with an acceptable picture.

Hi Interested,

There was a previous forum regarding the model that Xtra Vision were retailing. Apparently it gets very good write ups in the AV press, I think it's called a Mirai (or something like that) They have a 37" for €799....and it's HD ready.

r2d2

THANKS R2D2 I will look into that ...........

I think d extra vision one is 32" not 37"

PC World are doing a Polaroid 32" HD ready lcd for €749.99.- 8000:1 Contrast ratio

Also a Samsung 32 HD LCD 500cd/m2 brightness for €1199.99

Sorry, what put me off was the €799 - I think that is for the 32" -- ?? I should have been clearer.