Large bottle sports drink

rkeane

Is there such a thing? I like to drink lucosade sport when in the gym as obviously I last longer but cant find anything in a larger bottle. The small bottles are expensive enough. Anyone got any ideas? Yep, this is a serious thread.

rkeane said:
Is there such a thing? I like to drink lucosade sport when in the gym as obviously I last longer but cant find anything in a larger bottle. The small bottles are expensive enough. Anyone got any ideas? Yep, this is a serious thread.

Dont know you should be drinking Club Energise Sport an Irish drink

i always use the powered lucozade sport as i use it everytime i train and is quite a lot cheaper than buying the bottles. Usually get it in Boots and most times there is a 3 for 2 offer on it. However these drinks need to be drank about 1.5 to 2 hours before training to benefit you.

JazzyJeff said:
However these drinks need to be drank about 1.5 to 2 hours before training to benefit you.
Personally I think they're more imporant as post-workout nutrition than pre-workout nutrition.

daveirl said:
Personally I think they're more imporant as post-workout nutrition than pre-workout nutrition.
Is that the same for the bottled as I like to drink it when working out?

Generally for most people that train a fair bit, water is perfectly adequate.
Do use carbohydate powder myself ocassionally after/before hard sessions lasting over an hour or 90 minutes to boost the system - otherwise old fashion h2o is fine!

runner said:
Do use carbohydate powder myself ocassionally after/before hard sessions lasting over an hour or 90 minutes to boost the system - otherwise old fashion h2o is fine!
Yeah but I find I last longer in the gym if I'm drinking lucosade sport. Nothing quenches the thirst like water but it doesnt do what others do. Maybe its just me.

They sell a 1 lr bottle of stuff in Aldi that looks like Lucosade called Expolsade. Its described as a "sparkling original glucose energy drink"

Much cheaper than Lucosade.

Murt

runner said:
I'd actually dispute that massively, the most important time of the day to eat is the time in and around your workout otherwise you're depriving your system of the nutrients it requires to perform and to recover.

Murt10 said:
They sell a 1 lr bottle of stuff in Aldi that looks like Lucosade called Expolsade. Its described as a "sparkling original glucose energy drink"

Murt
Sounds more like regular Lucozade than Lucozade sport, which I wouldn't drink, Lucozade Sport has the correct concentration of carbohydrates for the '33% longer' thing.

daveirl said:
Sounds more like regular Lucozade than Lucozade sport, which I wouldn't drink, Lucozade Sport has the correct concentration of carbohydrates for the '33% longer' thing.
FACT?

Is it THAT healthy to pump large volumes of sugar into your system at any given time? I'm not a health expert but I would have my doubts...

ubiquitous said:
Is it THAT healthy to pump large volumes of sugar into your system at any given time? I'm not a health expert but I would have my doubts...
Two things, no 1, there's not that much sugar in Lucozade Sport (Lucozade yes, Lucozade Sport no) about the same amount of sugar as in a Large Apple. Secondly you're taking it around the time you workout which is when you most need it and it's used immediately. So in reply, it's fine.

Id recommend Viper. Its a Maximuscle product. I found it much better than lucozade sport!
It was available in Westpoint and Total Fitness a couple of years back when I was a member in them.

redbhoy said:
Id recommend Viper. Its a Maximuscle product. I found it much better than lucozade sport!
It was available in Westpoint and Total Fitness a couple of years back when I was a member in them.
Yeah I haven't used that myself I tend to stay away from Maximuscle because I find them a bit expensive but I do use 'Surge', it's pricey but it's got Fast Acting Protein in addition to Carbs.

Back