Large advertising poster

S

saphire

Hi

I was hoping to make a large advertising board. Was hoping to get a large water-proof poster printed, approx - 8ft * 4ft and I was going to stick this to a similar sized piece of chipboard/mdf(mysself)

Anyone aware of folks who offer good value in this area
Thanks

Where are you?

A lot of sign manufacturers will run this off on cori-board which is bascially plastic cardboard. You could also get banners made or signage on aluminium backing for more permanent signs.

It all depends on your purpose.

Just remember that if you are to place it in a Public Area, you will require Planning Permission.

You should post this on creativeireland.com, alot of designers and people who work in the industry post there and could give you much more info.

I had a need for a large poster recently and here's how I did it.

The requirement was for A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) set at portrait.

In Powerpoint, click design, page setup, and custom size.
Design as a normal slide, but using much larger fonts for text, line widths, etc. Graphics (photos, etc) must have high resolution, as any imperfection will be enlarged

You must then convert to an A0 size .pdf. I use PrimoPdf (free download) and set page size to above size, and resolution to 300dpi.

Resulting .pdf was over 3mb. Emailed in to www.blueprint.ie (Stillorgan) who printed it within a few minutes. €35 - full colour - excellent.