Laragchon, Lucan

3 to 5 years is the usual rule for original buyers in a development to begin selling their property. probably explains a lot of the properties on the market in lucan in general too as a lot of estates would be around that old. (as well as the market slowdown of course)

HI, I also noticed there are lots of houses for sale in Lucan . I was wondering if most of these are investors who are cashing in before further falls in prices. Several houses near me are approx.20K under the price I paid in May

Please keep discussion to the desirability or otherwise of Larragchon as a place to live.

General trends can be discussed elsewhere, e.g. the long runing thread in The Great Financial Debates.

Has anyone got up to date information about this estate. We are currently looking around this area. Commuting to Chapelizoid daily is a requirement.

Laraghcon is a lovely estate, really well kept, nice location close to the village etc. They really seem to be holding their value. I was bidding in a 3 bed in laraghcon last summer and I think it went for around 50k above asking. What house type would you be looking at?
The traffic can be backed up getting out of laraghcon in the morning heading up to the village as I think the traffic lights there arent great. I'm not sure what its like once you hit the village but I believe its not great. However if you are travelling to Chapelizod thats not a big distance at all. Will you be travelling by bus or by car to work?

Hi

I have family here who really like the estate. However, one works from home and the other works in Maynooth so commuting is not an issue. Another family member tried to buy out there recently, a 3 bed and the house which he was going for went for €40k under the asking - so be careful what you bid. (He couldn't sell his own place so couldn't go through with a purchase.)

The houses are lovely but the parking and sound proofing are problems.

In terms of commuting to Chapelizod - to be honest, I'd cycle. It's probably your best bet.

Last edited: