Laptop problem: Wireless radio switch

Itchy

Just got wireless in the house and was wondering why my my wireless card dosent work. I had an external one lying around and lobbed it in to the laptop and she worked away.

Now I copped why it wasnt working, due to it being switched off through the wireless radio switch. The switch is not a physical switch on the laptop but you have to press the function (Fn) key and F1. But that wont work. The Fn key works and so does the F1 key, but not together?? What can I do before fustrartion gets the better of me?

We have a wireless radio switch on our laptop but you wouldn't spot it unless you were seriously looking for it. Did you turn the laptop upside down and see if you could find a teeney switch underneath?

Are the wireless drivers installed? If so try un-installing them and re-installing them,

Looked all over the body even under the battery. Its definitly the fn&f1 key I used it before.

Installed new drivers and nothing. Then rolled back the drivers twice, nothing. Dont understand it at all.

This is worth checking.

Depending on what laptop you have, you may want to check the system setup.
For many laptops, there is Wireless control setup at this level. When rebooting, enter the bios by selecting a specified function key. This is generally "F2". It should tell you during boot up.
There should be an option called Wireless control. This sometimes can be set to disabled, or enabled or enabled by FN+F2 for instance.

Cheers canman. It is enabled with FN+F1. I didnt turn it off via the BIOS but will have a go later.