laptop power problem

robbie00

Hi,

I have a problem with an older laptop, its not taking a charge i have to mess around with the power cable beside with the power jack goes into within the laptop to get it to charge.

Would this be the power cable itself or the power jack causing the problems?

cheers

Had a similar problem.The jack was damaged by being
twisted & bent.Needed a new charger as its interconnected.

Hi,

I have a problem with an older laptop, its not taking a charge i have to mess around with the power cable beside with the power jack goes into within the laptop to get it to charge.

Would this be the power cable itself or the power jack causing the problems?

cheers

Ah i had the very same problem only 2 weeks ago with my Macbook. For the last 2 months i had to keep messing with the power cable to get it to charge. In the end i just cut the head off the cable and soldered a new connector onto it. You will be able to find new connectors on eBay and its a real simple fix, even easier then wiring a plug! Its 2 wires!

I had this problem twice with an old HP. One time it was a problem with the cable, the other it was actually the internal connection was damaged (if I tiled the plug up, it tilted the socket to connect correctly) and it had to be opened and soldered.

get it fixed I had same problem with my laptop a few years ago in the end had to use match stick to hold power cable in and then one day a big puff of smoke came out of it and that was that - I was lucky guys in oranmore were able to get stuff off hard drive for me buy I had to buy new pc. - lucky here again as I was going to the stated the week after so got one there for great price.

Back