Laptop issue,Startup repair cannot repair

dodo

Acer laptop we have when we turn the laptop on, a screen promt appears
Launch startup repair (recommended) this and other options is start windows normally, When I try to start windows normally it just goes back to the same screen as mentioned above,
Launch startup repair(recommended) start to check system for problems but then says windows cannot repair computor automatically,

either one I choose does not sort the issue, see below what appears
which state's, startup repair cannot repair the computor automatically, it gives option to send information about this problem(recommended) and other option is don't send,
os Vista dont have recovery disk, question could I install win 7 onto laptop would this sort out the issue,dont need to keep any doc's,data on laptop etc
any ideas ,thanks

Hi dodo,

What part of the country are you in - maybe someone can recommend a good PC repair shop if it can't be solved on AAM?

Have you any Vista OS install CDs? if so, insert them & your machine should boot from the disk rather than the installed s/w - if not that can be changed.
Did you buy the laptop from new? If so, when? If within 18months, the place you bought it might take an free initial look for you.

Would you be comfortable in going through the BIOS?

The thing about putting win 7 on it, is that there might be an issue with the machine itself, as the "startup repair" won't be able to fix any hardware failures, like a failing hard disk , there might be a virus on the machine which has caused this. So putting another OS on the machine without knowing the issue may cause more problems for you.