Laptop in Aldi this Sunday - opinion on spec?

NeedingHelp

Hi all

Wonder if you would mind giving me your opinion on the spec of the laptop below. It costs €759 from Aldi which seems pretty reasonable compared with spec of some of the better known brands. I mainly need it for working on a website, uploading and editing photos, using the usual windows packages. It seems more than adequate for this.

Medion MD 97900 Multimedia Widescreen Notebook
Intel® Core™ Solo T1300 1.66GHz Processor
The Intel® Core™ Solo processor is the next generation mobile processor for power-optimised mobile processing. This processor delivers an enhanced performance of all today’s demanding applications from video editing, digital music and photography to gaming and CAD (Computer Aided Design).
15.4" TFT Wide-XGA Display
1280 × 800 pixels. 16:10 Widescreen cinema format for optimised DVD playback and usability.
Huge 80GB Hard Disk
Stores up to 15,000 songs or photos (4MB per file). 8MB cache, 5400rpm.
1024MB DDRII SDRAM
High performance for all multimedia applications. Both memory slots reserved.
DVD-Writer/-ReWriter with both Dual Layer standards
Watch DVDs and make your own. Reads and writes: DVD±R/±RW/±R DL/DVD-RAM/CD-RW/DVD-ROM.
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Based on PCI-Express technology, 128MB shared memory.
Component Video-out
For connection to a HDTV.
Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g
Connect to the internet without plugs or cables with wireless LAN technology. Data transfer speeds up to 54Mbit/s (requires WLAN access point).
6 Channel Audio Out (analogue + S/P-DIF)
Enjoy amazing "home cinema" surround sound with 6 channel audio out. Use in conjunction with a suitable speaker set.
4-in-1 Memory Card Reader
Transfer photos the easy way. Accepts the following cards: SD/MCC/MS & MS Pro.
Multifunction Touchpad
Hotkeys for all your multimedia applications, including Internet Explorer, Media Player, Volume and 3 programmable keys.
2 Multimedia Speakers
Perfect sound quality for all multimedia files. Fast Ethernet on board 10/100Mbit/s. V.90 modem including modem cable. LI-ION battery (approx. 2.5 hours) and AC adaptor. Weight 2.9Kg. Dimensions: 358 × 257 × 41.55mm.
For further details on this product download the full specification in PDF format (approx. 700k). Alternatively you can visit the Medion website for details on this and other Medion products.
If you require the Adobe© Acrobat Reader© you can download it for free by clicking here.
Wireless Laptop Accessory Kit available in store now for just €24.99

Thanks a million.

I mainly need it for working on a website, uploading and editing photos, using the usual windows packages. It seems more than adequate for this.
I agree. There's some (not much) discussion of it here on Boards.ie, and a possible alternative mentioned here. Frankly, the three-year warranty and higher spec of the Aldi machine would be worth €150 extra for me...

I have now been told that reviews of that brand are not good and post sales support is non existent and that none of the microsoft packages are included and been advised against it. I think I need to do a bit more research and gather some more information before I go for it. It does seem like a good deal to me though.......................

"Never buy anything with moving parts/movable parts in Aldi or Lidl", that was the advice i was given by my gaget geek pal, and he was right as i have had to bring back 2 items so far that haven't worked, i received a full refund ok but its a pain.

"Never buy anything with moving parts/movable parts in Aldi or Lidl", that was the advice i was given by my gaget geek pal, and he was right as i have had to bring back 2 items so far that haven't worked, i received a full refund ok but its a pain.

My family have bought electrical numerous items in Aldi/Lidl without any problems.