Laptop HDD packed in after 4 months; Under guarantee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfarite

My son's laptop, a christmas present, indictaes HDD failure and it look slike it will have to be replaced. It is CAer Aspire 5542, bought in NI Argos shop. Is it under guarantee? Where can I check this out? I presume Acer are the ones to contact, not Argos?
Also, if he gets this sorted, will he need a recovery disc to restore OS? None came with it.

You bought it from Arogs, so they're the ones you need to contact.

I have the receipt; will try Argos for a replacement laptop. Has anybody had any experience of such a transaction with goods bought in Argos?

Argos are good for honouring guaranties. BTW: Since your a great fellow for closing threads for being the wrong form, your query should not be here but in the Consumer Issues and Rights forum.

argos are good for honouring guaranties. Btw: Since your a great fellow for closing threads for being the wrong form, your query should not be here but in the consumer issues and rights forum.

lmao!

Second part of original query: If he gets this sorted, will he need a recovery disc to restore OS? None came with it.

From our experience , when we buy a new laptop , we are prompted to create recovery discs , when the laptop is switched on for the first time .

UPDATE: Brought laptop to Argos (different branch than where it was bought). They took it and sent it to manufacturer. Got it back today with new HDD installed. No charge. excellent service, IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.