Laptop for web browsing

baldyman27

Quick one for the whizz kids. Father is 65 years old, bored in the evenings, wants a laptop for internet. (I'll have to teach him how, God help me). He's talking about going to a retailer with 5 or 600 quid to see what he can get. He thinks he needs a good up to date model when all he actually wants it for is the internet. Any thoughts on a basic, no-frills, inexpensive laptop that would serve his needs? Would be using O2 BB. Thanks folks.

Last edited:
I bought a laptop for under 380 euro at which I use mostly for the internet (have a PC for the more serious stuff :) ) Brand name ASUS running on Vista (downgradable to XP, which I did).

Add a printer from Aldi or Lidl (both have offers around now for about 80 euro) and he'll be set up!

Maud Flanders has one of those Asus ones....the keyboard is tiny on it, i'm constantly typing the wrong thing. Its really annoying for passwords where you cant see what you have typed!

I think an Acer would be handy for browsing maybe?

Thanks for the tips lads. This one would probably do him fine. Flanders, fair point there but he'll probably give up after a week or two anyway so no point spending too much! Thanks again lads.

The one I got is this -

which is slightly more expensive than the one in your post.

I know what you mean about the keyboard Mr Flanders, my problem isn't the keys, it's the darn touchpad that I hit accidentally when typing and find I've erased a very erudite reply on a forum somewhere....;)

Back