Laptop: budget of €500

Shawady

I want to buy a laptop and don't want to spend more than €500. I will be using it for browsing, photos, skype and possibly watching movies.
Any recommendations on make or minimum processor/memory requirements I should get?

I would look at either of these machines :

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

I have bought similar recently and have been buying Toshibas for the past 15 years from bms in most cases without any issue - have only had to use warranty once for a faulty keyboard out of approx 20 laptops purchased.

Top tip - you get 1 year warranty as standard with option to purchase an additional 2 year warranty - if you do want to get the two years wait until almost end of year 1 to get it - that way if laptop is lost/stole in year 1 you haven't forked out for additional warranty you can never use :)

Dell Inspiron 15, you can get 3 years McAfee virus protection for another €20. I have been buying Dell for 10 years and never let me down. Excellent machines, 1 year warranty but you can purchase a longer one if you wish, I have never bothered with that in past, but does give peace of mind. Good spec on this for €449 add €20 for virus for 3 years, well worth it as would cost alot more in shop or online from retailer.
Stay away from the more basic celeron processor model, not worth consider anything less than dual core or upwards for comfort of use and future proofing.
Dell http://www.dell.com/ie/p/popular-la...=ST&cid=41215&lid=1069576&acd=124567429520561

Back