Lapland - Anyone been ?

ice

I know its a bit early for christmas planning but am thinking of taking the kids to Lapland with Canterbury ....

Has anyone been with this company and would you recommend them and the Lapland/Santa experience in general ?

Thinking of taking a 3 year old and a 6 year old ...or would be it better to wait until they are a year older ?

All experiences welcome !

Cheers

Thanks for that....did look in the key posts but couldn't find anything

Why not plan travel yourself , you can fly with Blue 1 in Finland to the main lapland but you could also travel to the more uncommerical lapland in Kiltila in Finland, you would save a nice few Euro

That time of year again.

Have looked at past Lapland posts but haven't found answers I need. Has anyone done a Lapland trip in recent years with kids direct from Dublin? And would you recommend it?

From what I can see the Irish operators tend to go to Rovaniemi, which seems to be a pretty large town/city, which doesn't strike me as the kind of place Santa should be hanging out. Canterbury travel goes from UK to quieter rural destination, but apart from day trips one has to add a night at Stansted in each direction, which is a serious dampener for those with several kids.

Anyone got any ideas/reccommendations for someone hoping to go for perhaps two full days there?

Hello Ice,
A lady I work with went to Lapland with Canterbury one or two years ago.
She had some trouble with them. Sorry I am not in work at the moment to check it out with her (sick leave). I remember that the family never received the tickets in the post but the company said that they would be ready at the airport. No tickets ready, mad panic at airport. (several other families also effected) A voucher was promised for the gift shop...it did not materialise. All I know, she made a good few complaints to the company.
However, she said that when she was there it was magical and the kids loved it. Pricey but she was happy she went.

I went to lapland with canterbury last christmas. 4 travelled - Me, the wife, son (6) and his friend(8). Couldnt recommend it highly enough! (I have absolutly no relationship with the travel company!!) We did the overnight trip. Accomodation was fine, food was good, and the fun the kids had was wonderful. They will never, ever, ever have any doubts about santa - they met the real one! Any specific questions, feel free to ask